We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Bombshelter Tent: 4-Person 4-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 24
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Reports of being a great all-around tent for intense weather.
- Fits 2 people comfortably with substantial gear, or 3 with less gear.
- Packs light and easy to carry.
- Burly and durable for enough protection.
- Two vestibules for breathability and versatility.
- Minimal condensation compared to other options.
- Lightweight and durable poles.
- Waterproof and breathable laminate material.
- Doesn’t produce much condensation buildup on the inside of the tent.
- Ample venting with a vestibule at either end.
- Fabric is very tight to keep the elements out and prevent flapping.
- Light enough for prolonged trips.
- Comfortable fit for 2 or 3 people.
- Poles intersect seven times to provide ample strength.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of being difficult to set up due to needing to be inside the tent.
- Won’t fit 4 people, unless you really cram inside.
- The main vestibule might be too small to use efficiently as a cooking area.
- The inside set-up might make it difficult to get the poles in place quickly.
- The taughtness makes it more prone to ripping the tent.
- A double-walled tent would be warmer and better with condensation.
The Black Diamond Bombshelter Tent: 4-Person 4-Season is a waterproof, breathable, and durable tent that is well-suited for any type of weather. The set-up from the inside may make it easier in harsh weather, but this might take some time to get used to. For those who want a protective and lightweight 4-season tent, this is a great option.