We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Garmin Vector 3 Power Meter Pedals and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 16
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Some reports of the data being accurate when compared to other models.
- Setting up the pedals is easy and fast.
- Compatible with both Garmin and Fenix watches.
- Pedals have cleaner and sleeker look than previous models.
- Easily movable when needed.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Multiple reports of the right sensor not recording data.
- Multiple issues with the battery housing set-up.
- The right sensor doesn’t record data.
- Messaging error “right power sensor missing” occurs, meaning the connection gets lost.
- Multiple design issues with battery doors.
- Even after replacements, the replacements fail.
- System works only until first battery change due to the power drop outs.
- Must wear Garmin cleats to get the most accurate reading.
- Multiple reports of battery problems that didn’t get fixed.
The Garmin Vector 3 Power Meter Pedals are easy to set up and that’s where the good news ends. The multiple issues with battery life, battery door mechanics, right pedal disconnections, and data connection problems make this an unreliable product that we would not recommend for any level of cyclist, especially since it is an expensive choice for a widely criticized product.