We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Acrux SL GTX Approach Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 33
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable and lightweight.
- Good fit for narrower-feet.
- Great grip and a snug, tight fit.
- Waterproofing abilities to protect your feet and stay dry.
- Able to use for casual wear, as well as a long climb, due to the style and functionality.
- Combines stability and comfort to make a versatile shoe.
- Sticky Vibram rubber sole provides traction on various terrain.
- Lightweight, but remains stable for use with a heavy pack.
- Low-profile and narrow toe-box for climbing proficiency.
- Adaptive liner allows for snugness and stability.
- The thermo-laminated upper adds durability and water-resistance.
- Performs well on wet rock for this type of shoe.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sizing runs a bit small.
- Some reports of the fabric tearing if you lace the shoe too tightly.
- Takes a little while to break-in.
- Moisture can enter through the liner between the laces.
The Arc’teryx Acrux SL GTX Approach Shoe for men is a comfortable, lightweight, and stable shoe, that efficiently combines durability and a lighter-weight to provide a highly-versatile hiking and climbing shoe. Despite some issues with sizing and a longer break-in time, once you find the correct size and break in the shoe, you will be happy with the grip, the snug fit, and the waterproofing abilities.