We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Fathom Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 13
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good fit and ventilation.
- Looks good for off-road and on-road use.
- Attractive color scheme.
- Very comfortable while wearing.
- Uses a good locking mechanism to stay on securely.
- Easy to use retention system for customization of fit and security.
- Very adjustable to provide a snug fit.
- Venting is efficient in hot weather.
- Protects sweat from getting in your eyes.
- 2-way Roc Loc 5 system allows you to effectively tighten the helmet to customize your fit.
- Provides 23 vents for ample breathability.
- The rear dial allows you to loosen to fit a winter cap underneath, or tighten during warmer weather.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of one side of the strap twisting during use.
- Some complaints about the thin straps and the lack of quality when compared to the rest of the helmet.
- Not the lightest helmet on the market, but still a competitive weight.
- The chin strap is too long and can flap around after tightening.
The Giro Fathom Helmet is an adjustable, breathable, and comfortable helmet that only has one downside in the flimsy and thin chinstrap. Despite that negative, this is a great option for a helmet, due to the secure locking mechanism, ample ventilation, and easy-to-use rear dial.