We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Micro Puff Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 156
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great for layering.
- Pockets can be accessed while wearing a backpack hip belt.
- Packs down small and light.
- Has good flexibility and moves well with the body.
- Very lightweight and compressible.
- Offer impressive warmth for the weight.
- Layers really well.
- Wicks water well, but is NOT suitable as outer layer in real rain events.
- Useful outside zippered pockets and inside pockets.
- Flattering style.
- Retains warmth even when wet.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The fit is off for some users, especially in the arms and chest, and it is recommended that you try on the jacket before purchasing.
- Can be tight on the hips for curvier people.
- Could be improved by having a two-way zipper.
- The neck can feel a little tight and stiff.
- Does not offer much protection from wind.
- The material is a little thin, which loses some heat, although it does make it a good choice for high-output activities.
- The jacket sacrifices extreme coziness for lightweight design.
- The outer fabric is shiny and crinkly.
The Patagonia Micro Puff Insulated Jacket for women is exceedingly lightweight and packable, offering surprising warmth for its 8 ounces. It is a great piece for layering, fitting well under rain shells and works with under layers for more warmth. Sizing is the biggest issue with the Micro Puff, as many users have found that the slim cut does not accommodate those with larger hips or chests, so it is highly recommended that buyers try it on before purchasing. For those that find the right fit, this is a reliable and warm although somewhat minimalist layer that focuses on lightness and packability.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.