We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Mission Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 5
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The material and construction are high-quality for a sleek-looking jacket.
- The vents are big to help with ample breathability during activities.
- The material is waterproof to keep out wet weather and keep you dry.
- The style and fit of the jacket are attractive and stylish.
- The 3-layer Gore-Tex material is protective and weatherproof.
- This jacket can offer a little bit more warmth than most other shells.
- Various pockets for secure storage and easy accessibility.
- Contains pit zips to add extra ventilation in warm weather.
- Features Velcro adjustable cuffs for personalization of fit.
- Features a zip away powder skirt for extra compatibility.
- Features a helmet-compatible hood for additional functionality.
- Versatile material and construction for functionality in a variety of weather conditions.
- Provides low moisture protection to keep moisture out and comfort in during snowboarding and skiing.
- The seams are taped for extra weather protection.
- The construction, despite being burly, is lightweight for comfort during all-day use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sleeves might be too long for some body types.
- The material of the jacket is not very durable and can rip against tough objects and abrasions.
- The zippers rotate when you try to pull them, limiting the ease of use of zipping up and down the jacket.
- The hood might be a little big to wear by itself without a helmet.
- The fit is less streamlined than other jackets from competitors, like those from Arc’teryx.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
The Black Diamond Mission Jacket for women is a durable, weather-protective, and functional option that can be well suited for those who need a versatile jacket that they don’t have to worry about protecting them during intense weather. Even though there have been some user reviews of a lack of durability, most people find that the 3-layer Gore-Tex can withstand abrasions, keep out wet weather, and provide more warmth than a traditional shell.