We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa SL Activ Backpacking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 56
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The leather is soft and comfortable on the foot.
- Offer great support for the foot and ankle.
- Have a great, stable grip on rock.
- Very sturdy and well-built.
- Stay dry in wet weather.
- Have a very reliable grip, even on wet terrain.
- Very waterproof.
- Good breathability.
- Sturdy and comfortable ankle support.
- Great lacing scheme for a more customizable fit.
- High quality craftsmanship.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Run a bit narrow, which could be uncomfortable for those with wider feet.
- Require breaking in, although not an extended amount of time.
- A heavier style of boot.
- Flexing range of motion is limited.
- Pretty expensive.
- Feel heavy.
- They do not come in women’s sizes.
- Can get a bit warm on hot days.
The Scarpa SL Activ Backpacking Boot is a sturdy and comfortable boot for backpacking and longer day hikes that require a lot of support for the feet, and shine on wet days with their completely waterproof outer. With a few days of breaking in, these boots are comfortable and sturdy around the foot and ankle, with a great grip on all terrain and true craftsmanship, although this high-quality work does make the SL Activ an overall heavy shoe. These boots are on the more expensive side, but many feel that the durability and dependability are very much worth it.