We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Sidi Cape Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 86
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Uses both a BOA dial and a ratchet buckle to ensure a snug and secure fit.
- The sole is stiff enough for rough terrain.
- Efficient at grass and mud clearance.
- The finish on the outer material is good at shedding water during precipitation.
- Comfortable and easy to get on and off.
- Available in a variety of bright colors.
- Tread on the shoe is grippy and durable.
- Uses ratchet closure to provide a snug fit.
- Caliper buckle allows you to quickly tighten the shoe.
- The patch on the instep aids in dispersing pressure across your foot, eliminating pressure points.
- The adjustment wire allows you to simply tighten the shoe without creating hot spots.
- The nylon sole lets your feet feel more connected to the pedals.
- Works well with all clipless mountain bike pedals, even though they work best with small platform ones.
- Molded heel cup provides extra protection.
- The stiff sole aids in high power transfer.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the toe box being too narrow and the outer edges of your toes possibly hitting the sides.
- Might be hard to find the correct size due to the unique fit, and some reports of running a bit big.
- Some reports of the buckle system being a bit fragile and not being the most durable in the long-term.
- The stiff nylon sole offers very little flex in the toe, lessening the comfort.
- The footbed is thin and doesn’t provide good arch support.
- The hard rubber lugs are better than past models, but only offer limited traction.
The Sidi Cape Cycling Shoe for men is an adjustable, stiff, and protective option, that is best for those with small-platform pedals who want a high power transfer. The unique fit and limited padding may deter some cyclists, but for those who want power, durability, and high-adjustability, this is a great choice.