We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Astral Layla Personal Flotation Device – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 72
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The side zipper makes it very easy to take the device on and off quickly.
- Front pocket provides convenient storage for small items.
- Designed with a woman’s shape in mind, with a flattering fit.
- Able to customize your own fit with the straps.
- Comfortable to wear all day.
- Adjustable straps around the waist are easy to tighten and change the fit.
- The two side seams allow a wider range of fit for possible body shapes.
- Inside the vest has cups that are sectioned out to fit a woman’s chest comfortably.
- The vest is filled with moldable-material that conforms to your body, instead of being stiff foam.
- Contains a fleece-lined pocket that warms your hands.
- Great for use during whitewater rafting.
- Low-profile without skimping out on storage, protection, and comfort.
- Moves well with your body while you’re paddling.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some complaints of the chest pocket having some dead space inside that is unusable.
- The full coverage can be too hot for some days.
- Some reports of the rescue knife attachment point being easy to snag while rowing.
- The tri-panel design better accommodates longer torso shapes, and might be too much material for shorter people.
- The inside portion that is designed to fit a woman’s chest might not properly fit small-breasted women.
The Astral Layla Personal Flotation Device for women is a life jacket that takes into account a woman’s body shape, creating a tailored product that provides not only a flattering fit, but also a more comfortable option. The chest area is specifically created to accommodate women’s features, while the technical features, like ample pockets, zipper for easy on-and-off, and adjustable straps all make this a high-quality choice.