We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Stohlquist Descent Personal Flotation Device – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 53
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps your hips above the surface of the water for ample buoyancy.
- This lets you float near the surface of the water so you do not get caught by extra debris.
- This vest is class V, making it safer than class 3 and allowing you to float easier.
- The pocket is secure and can fit miscellaneous gear and small items.
- The buckles and zipper are strong for durable and secure use.
- Comfortable to wear in and out of the water for all-day use.
- Provides ample room for adjustments to personalize your fit.
- Designed for kayakers in mind, with the fit and the construction.
- Combines a low-profile construction with plenty of features for functionality.
- Durable for many types of kayaking, enhancing the versatility.
- The PFD keeps you floating high above the water to stay afloat and breathe easily.
- The full-length shoulder straps provide safety during any necessary rescues.
- The side-zip entry allows easy on and off.
- The textured panels protect your shoulders during use.
- Features high-visibility reflective accents for safety during rescues.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The vest stretches a little when you get in the water, so you may need to readjust afterward.
- You might need to size up, so you should try on before purchasing.
- The fit can be a little high on your chest if you are bigger shouldered and taller, limiting the comfort.
- The neoprene patch can make the PFD hotter while using during the summer.
- The front and back foam panels can be a little limiting during movement.
The Stohlquist Descent Personal Flotation Device for men is a functional, comfortable, and safe option for those who consistently engage in water sports, especially kayaking. With options for adjusting the fit, the flotation qualities, and the durability for various types of kayaking, this flotation device is a good choice for athletes who consistently enjoy being on the water.