We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Sorpasso 2 Bib Tight – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 64
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps the legs warm during cycling.
- Comfortable chamois for long rides.
- Provides good insulation and compression in cold weather.
- The fabric is comfortable and backed by fleece for warmth during riding.
- Windproof enough to block the wind from entering during high-speed cycling.
- Compression helps performance during cycling.
- The back has a mesh portion which aids in ventilation and breathability.
- The panels on the tight give it a technical and sleek look.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the seams not being very durable and showing wear early.
- The sizing is confusing and you might need to try on before buying.
- Multiple reports of needing to size up in order to get the correct fit.
- Reports of the straps being way too short even when ordering the correct size.
- Reports of the straps digging into your skin due to the sizing issues.
- Material is not even water-resistant.
- The straps don’t flex enough to allow for easy rest stops.
- The fit is acceptable in the legs, but uncomfortable in the waist.
The Castelli Sorpasso 2 Bib Tight for men is a piece that was designed for intense cyclists in mind, but may have some issues. The complaints about sizing, uncomfortable straps, and lack of DWR-treatment should be considered before purchasing this item. With that said, this bib tight is comfortable and warm, so it can’t be totally written off.