We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mad Rock Lyra Climbing Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 24
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The toe lets you confidently stand on tiny footholds.
- Despite having a precise toe box, it is still roomy enough for a comfortable fit.
- The Velcro straps let you quickly and easily take the shoes on and off.
- The grip is good and lets you perform well on edging and hooks.
- Snug fit around the heel prevents any slipping.
- The profile is less-downturned than aggressive shoes, allowing for a more comfortable fit.
- The midsole is supportive and will cradle your foot.
- The extra toe rubber aids in toe-hooking and precision.
- Velcro allows you to quickly change the fit of the shoe to conform to your foot shape.
- Offers great performance for the price, being a good value and a lot less than other options on the market.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sizing runs small, so you may have to size-up when buying.
- The shoes show signs of wear quickly, but still perform well.
- Despite being good at edging, the heel might not be narrow enough to hook very small edges for elite climbers.
- Rubber can wear down fairly quickly, after only a couple months of use.
The Mad Rock Lyra Climbing Shoe for women is a comfortable, easily adjustable, and precise option for climbers who favor comfort and a snug fit. This shoe does not crush very small edges, which is mostly a concern just for elite-level climbers. Some durability issues with the rubber should also be considered, but for those who want a supportive and cushioned option, this is a great choice.