We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear StretchDown Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 54
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality materials and construction.
- Very comfortable and stretches enough to let you move freely.
- Provides ample warmth during colder weather.
- Inside pockets for secure storage.
- Water-resistant finish to protect against light rain or snow.
- The baffles keep the heat in and disperse the heat evenly.
- The hood is warm and the sleeves fully cover your wrists.
- Welded seams keep the heat in and resist precipitation coming inside.
- Utilizes 750-fill hydrophobic down for warmth and water-resistance.
- No stitching on the baffling prevents heat from escaping.
- The collar and hood fully cover to protect against the elements.
- The exterior fabric is durable for a down jacket.
- DWR-treated for protection against light precipitation.
- Elastic cuffs and hem adjustments let you customize your fit.
- The stitch-free baffles aid in keeping you warm.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of not being able to find the right fit, with the smaller size being too tight in the shoulders, and the larger fit being too boxy.
- The jacket only comes slightly below the waist, which might not be long enough for some wanting full coverage.
- Not very breathable for intense exercise.
- The stretch doesn’t run lengthwise, so the jacket can rise up when you lift your arms in the air.
- The external fabric tends to absorb water and wouldn’t be suitable for prolonged precipitation.
- Heavier than other down jackets.
The Mountain Hardwear StretchDown Hooded Jacket for men is a warm and stretchy down jacket that utilizes various features to seal in heat, like adjustable cuffs and hem, stitch-free baffles, and durable exterior fabric. Even though this jacket isn’t the most breathable and easily wets out in precipitation, the combination of warmth and mobility make this a nice layering option for active adventures.