We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Covert Cardigan – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 92
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to easily layer both under and over the fleece.
- Doesn’t add too much bulk when layering.
- Long-lasting and still looks nice after multiple seasons.
- Works as both a casual-wear jacket and for active-use.
- Attractive color options.
- Provides extra warmth without being too bulky.
- The inside material is comfortable against your skin.
- The collar is lined with microfleece for extra comfort.
- The pockets are hand warmer pockets and provide extra warmth.
- Blocks the wind better than other fleece options.
- Stylish and warm.
- The sleeves are long enough to fully cover.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Comes to about hip-length, which may not be long enough for some activities.
- No hood available.
- The outer material is stiff compared to other options.
- Not very breathable, especially when compared to high-performance fleeces.
- Doesn’t have any additional venting options.
- The fit is a little tight in the shoulders, limiting range of motion.
- Not water resistant at all.
The Arc’teryx Covert Cardigan for women is a warm, comfortable, and stylish layering option, that is well-suited for casual use around town. Despite providing warmth and having some technical features, like hand-warmer pockets and a microfleece-lined collar, the cardigan isn’t really constructed for high performance. The lack of a hood, no water-resistance, non-breathable material, and a fit that inhibits a full range of motion means this layer is best for casual and indoor use, or for layering underneath a technical shell during light activity.