We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Dawn Patrol Softshell Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 65
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Suspenders and belt for adjusting and customization of fit.
- The vents work very well to provide breathability.
- Vents are backed by mesh for some sun and snow protection.
- Pockets provide ample storage space.
- Attractive color options.
- Good fit and high-quality materials.
- Lightweight and works in various temperatures.
- Stretches well for full range of motion.
- The suspenders are adjustable and can be removed.
- The thigh cargo pocket is expandable, allowing for extra storage room.
- The knees are articulated for full range of motion.
- Material is water-resistant for some weather protection.
- Comfortable and loose enough, without being baggy.
- The side zippers are water-resistant.
- The front zipper is harness compatible.
- Similar wind protection and warmth to the Dawn Patrol, but is lighter and more mobile.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The gaiters are a bit low, and can be very tedious to get over boots, and might not work with all ski boots since they don’t stretch.
- Not completely weatherproof, since it is just water resistant.
- The hand pockets could be slightly larger to hold more items, and can get covered by hip belts.
- Despite being similarly priced to some other pants, these are still an expensive option.
The Black Diamond Dawn Patrol Softshell Pant for men is a comfortable, weather-protective, and versatile option that is well-suited for various outdoor activities due to the ample range of motion and weather-resistance. Even though the pants aren’t completely waterproof, the light weight, durability, and high-quality materials make this a top-notch choice.