We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Stretch Nano Storm Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 21
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great weight for mid-range temperatures while wearing base layers underneath.
- Good at blocking the wind.
- The hood is easily adjustable to customize the fit.
- Hood moves with your head to allow for good peripheral vision.
- Soft material against your face at the zipper.
- The insulation provides a good warmth-to-weight ratio.
- The shell material repels moisture well.
- Chest pockets can easily hold a phone for convenience.
- The hood can fit over an alpine helmet and adjusts in two directions for customization of fit.
- The hood adjustments are easy to operate with gloves on.
- The DWR works well.
- Fits well for those who have a more athletic build with longer arms and torso.
- Uses highly-breathable insulation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Doesn’t pack or compress very small.
- The brim of the hood could be a little longer to protect more.
- Wouldn’t be the best to use as a stand-alone during cold days.
- The jacket loses some of its waterproof qualities once the outer material soaks out.
- Doesn’t have as burly of weatherproofing as some other shells on the market.
- The hood is a little more difficult to operate and use with a helmet on.
- Not the most packable or compressible option.
- More breathable than most insulated jackets, but still not the best choice for intense aerobic activities.
The Patagonia Stretch Nano Storm Insulated Jacket for men is a weatherproof, adjustable, and ideal warmth-to-weight jacket that combines moderate breathability with full protection. Even though it is not the most breathable jacket for intense activities, it is relatively breathable when compared to other waterproof insulating layers on the market. The combination of a functional hood that is helmet-compatible coupled with waterproof and windproof fabric makes this a great choice for those who value weather protection and breathability for intense activities.