We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Adidas Ultraboost X Running Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 82 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 3.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 379
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Can comfortably wear without socks
- Feels like you’re walking on a cloud, making it a great training shoe.
- Comfortable to wear during all-day use.
- Very lightweight compared to other options.
- The wrap-around design on the arch is functional and comfortable.
- The cushioning feels great and works well to bounce back on energy return.
- The midsole is durable and long-lasting.
- More responsive than other options on the market.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Many reports of needing to size up to get an accurate fit.
- Doesn’t have great traction in wet conditions.
- Very little support in the toe-box, especially on descents.
- Can run hot and is not the most breathable, especially while wearing socks.
- Awkward to put on while wearing socks.
- Difficult to loosen the laces while wearing.
- Some may not like the snug arch fit because it’s not as universal as some other fits in training and running shoes.
- The floating arch is disconnected from the sole and may not appeal to many users.
The Adidas Ultraboost X Running Shoe for women is a durable and responsive option that is well-suited for runners who prefer a lightweight and cushioned shoe. The unique construction of this shoe makes it a niche-choice, and we highly recommend trying it on before purchasing due to the floating arch and the wrap-around fit. We wouldn’t recommend this shoe for those who run in consistently hot conditions, or for those who want to wear non-thin socks.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.