We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Stubby Haul Bag and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 21
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The outer material is tough and durable.
- Able to stow as an airline carry-on bag.
- Long-lasting and high-quality materials.
- Versatile for all-day trips and for a variety of activities.
- Stiff enough to stand by itself, but still lets you have ample mobility.
- Efficiently can transport heavy hardware.
- Easy to get in and out of quickly for efficiency.
- The straps can tuck and stow quickly.
- Stands on own when you don’t need it, letting you use it for cragging and holding gear.
- Comes with a padded hip-belt and shoulder straps for functionality.
- Can be used as a smaller secondary haul bag for longer trips.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might not be big enough for those who want to pack a lot of hardgoods.
- The zippered pouch inside is a little awkward to use because of the positioning.
- The flap on top can chafe the upper shoulder area.
- The closure is not completely watertight and sealed, meaning you’ll have to cover it.
- Difficult to clip stuff under the bag when you are on the big walls, due to the straps being too close to the material.
The Black Diamond Stubby Haul Bag is a durable, functional, and lightweight option that is great for cragging, all-day trips, and various outdoor activities. We recommend using this bag to carry gear for one day, or for transporting awkwardly shaped and heavy items you might not place in a usual backpack. It also can be used as a smaller secondary haul bag for longer trips. Despite not being watertight and not as big for some who need to pack ample gear, this is a great all-day excursion pack.