We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Discovery Bib Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 15
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Doesn’t wet out like other options.
- Keeps you warm and dry in various conditions.
- Comfortable when moving around.
- The pocket placement is functional.
- The fit sits comfortably on the thigh, hip, and shoulders.
- Keeps out precipitation while wearing.
- Well cut and doesn’t restrict motion.
- Fleece liner is comfortable.
- Warm enough for most days on the mountain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Cold might come through while sitting on lifts, but keeps you warm during the runs.
- The fit is a little loose in the frontal area.
- Some reports of the zippers getting caught and not being waterproof.
- The gaiters and boot cuffs don’t have Velcro, which makes getting your boots on and off difficult.
- The four pockets have no closures, so snow can build up inside.
- Pockets have no closure, so water and snow can easily pile up.
- The cut of the crotch is too baggy and loose, which can inhibit motion.
- Runs large, so you might have to size-down.
- Only has an inner thigh vent with no mesh backing, which limits breathability.
- Not as warm as other options on the market.
- Not cut as well as other options, since it is looser and not as refined.
The Marmot Discovery Bib Pant is an affordable and warm option. The issue with this bib pant is the fit, which isn’t restricting in some areas, but is too loose in the frontal crotch area, and can result in a lack of ample mobility. In addition, the pockets are a deal-breaker – the pockets have no closures, so snow and water can pile up while you’re gliding down the mountain. Overall, we would only recommend this bib pant for those who want to hang out in the lodge on the mountain, or on a mild day where you are positive it won’t rain or snow.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.