We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear Glacier Guide Down Parka – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 44
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The longer cut helps to seal in the warmth.
- Pockets have insulation on the inside to keep your hands warm.
- External material is durable and long-lasting.
- Hood is helmet-compatible for added functionality.
- Keeps you warm when you’re sedentary in very cold weather.
- 650-fill down to keep you warm in very cold temperatures.
- Nylon rip-stop shell for added durability.
- Utilizes windproof technology on the outer fabric to protect against weather.
- Pockets have hand warmers for added warmth.
- Great insulation to keep you warm in sub-zero temperatures.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The Velcro on the outer zipper flap can get caught.
- The bottom cinch cord isn’t very efficient.
- Too warm for any intense activity.
- Heavier weight, at over 2.5 pounds.
- Not waterproof, so doesn’t have full weather protection.
- Won’t pack down easily, so won’t be the easiest to transport in a pack.
The Mountain Hardwear Glacier Guide Down Parka for men is a durable, weather-protective, and warm jacket that is well-suited for those who want a heavy-duty parka for very cold temperatures. The warmth is provided by 650-fill down, windproof technology, and a helmet-compatible hood. Despite being a heavier weight and lacking waterproofing, this jacket is a great choice for cold climates.