We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Farpoint 40L Backpack – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 2000
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The pack distributes weight evenly.
- Reliable and durable for everyday use.
- The chest and waist straps provide stability.
- Tons of room for gear for a 1-2 week vacation.
- Adjustable to whatever load you are carrying.
- The straps can zip under a cover, which turns it into a duffel for transporting.
- Able to stow hip-belt and harness for compatibility.
- Water-resistant material for a little weather protection.
- Lockable zip sliders to secure the compression strap base.
- Inner mesh side pocket adds extra storage.
- The main zippered compartment is easy to access.
- Easily passes most airline carry-on requirements.
- Adjustable sternum strap for extra stability.
- Great shoulder straps that don’t dig into your skin.
- Side carry handles are padded for comfort.
- The frame suspension evenly distributes the weight for added comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No accessible pockets while wearing.
- The laptop sleeve is on the front, which means that the gear inside can put pressure on the tablet.
- Despite being water resistant, we wouldn’t recommend it for prolonged precipitation.
- The compression straps go right across the pack and make the water bottle pocket a little awkward to reach.
- The pockets and the smaller storage compartments become a little unstable when the bag is packed to full capacity.
- Doesn’t have a zip-off day-pack for added functionality.
- The exterior nylon is thin and might not be the most durable in the long term.
- Minimal space in the exterior pocket.
- You need to undo the compression straps to be able to unzip the pack, which is a bit tedious.
The Osprey Packs Farpoint 40L Backpack for men is a functional, comfortable, and high-quality pack that is widely liked by travelers. Despite some issues with the laptop sleeve, the compression strap placement and lacking a zip-off day-pack, the comfortable and secure frame makes this a great choice for 1-2 week vacations. This backpack is great for travelers who want a lightweight, secure, and comfortable option.