We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Rab Kinetic Plus Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 165
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to wear under a bigger parka or jacket due to the slightly-slim fit.
- Comes with own stuff sack.
- Waterproofing works during intense weather conditions.
- Fabric is soft and stretchy, allowing for comfort and mobility.
- Protects efficiently against wind and rain.
- Breathable and versatile in many conditions.
- Keeps out strong gusts of wind while remaining breathable.
- Stretchy enough to move around in during various activities.
- Hood hugs around your head and remains comfortable.
- Pockets are lower on the torso which is functional for when you’re not using a harness.
- Lightweight and waterproof.
- Very compact and easy to pack.
- Full length waterproof zips on the front and the pockets to keep precipitation out.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Fabric stretches out when you use over a helmet.
- Runs slim, so you may need to size-up if you want to wear more layers underneath.
- Width of jacket around the chest area might be too tight for some.
- The Velcro sections on the wrist cuffs could be larger and more secure.
- After prolonged extreme weather, the jacket can get wet and reduce breathability and waterproofing.
The Rab Kinetic Plus Jacket for men is a lightweight, stretchy, waterproof, and breathable option that is well-suited for bringing on any type of adventure since it is easy to pack and versatile in many conditions. Despite some issues with the fit and the jacket getting wet after prolonged precipitation, this jacket can easily be layered, remains comfortable, and is a great choice for outdoor activities.