We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva G5 Mountaineering Boot and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 62
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Climbs ice securely and efficiently for ease of use.
- Low weight for ample comfort during all-day use.
- Walks great even for a super technical boot for performance-oriented capabilities.
- The Boa adjustment provides quick adjustments and is easy to take on and off.
- Durable and abrasion-resistant for a long-lasting boot.
- Works well in very cold and winter conditions for comfort in 4-season use.
- Very warm for alpine conditions and winter weather.
- Combines warmth and versatility into one boot.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort and use.
- Climbs well and efficiently on a variety of different terrain.
- Works very well in a variety of conditions, making this a well-rounded and versatile choice.
- The gaiter does a good job of keeping snow out of the boot and the exterior material is waterproof.
- The ankle flex movement provides mobility in tough terrain.
- Includes a rubberized-patch on the gaiter for added comfort and efficiency.
- The Boa system is easy to operate quickly with gloves on.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the gaiters getting holes in them after prolonged use.
- Some issues of water and snow coming through the zipper, causing a lack of weather proofing.
- Expensive when compared to other options.
- If water gets into the boot, it can leak and cause discomfort during inclement weather.
- Heavier when compared to other similar options.
The La Sportiva G5 Mountaineering Boot is a durable, versatile, and easy-to-use option that works well on climbing ice and technical routes. Even though this boot is a bit heavier, it trades extra weight for added durability, versatility, and comfort.