We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Western Mountaineering Puma Super MF Sleeping Bag: -25 Degree Down and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easily keeps you warm in very cold temperatures.
- Great materials and high-quality construction.
- The shell can feel damp after condensation, but the moisture doesn’t saturate the down fill.
- Weighs less than 3.5 pounds and keeps you warm in very low temperatures.
- Stuffs down small for easy transport.
- The outer shell sheds water and blocks the wind.
- Fabric lets your feet breathe, while still keeping them toasty in cold weather.
- Windproof and pretty water-resistant for added weather protection.
- The draft tubes help prevent wind from entering.
- Full down collar seals in heat around the neck area.
- One of the lightest cold weather sleeping bags on the market.
- Roomy and comfortable material and shape.
- Wider shoulder-area to accommodate various body shapes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive, but the high-quality construction is worth the price you pay.
- The use of the Velcro on the ride side can scratch you if it is not secured properly.
- Might be too insulated for weather above freezing temperatures.
- Expensive, but the quality is worth it.
The Western Mountaineering Puma Super MF Sleeping Bag: -25 Degree Down is a warm, weather-protective, and lightweight bag that combines durability and comfort. Despite being expensive, this bag is worth it for those who need a sleeping bag in extremely cold conditions, and frequently find themselves hiking in inclement weather or going on alpine trips.