We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Zone LV Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 40
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile to work for both indoor and outdoor climbing.
- The rubber provides ample grip on slippery and wet surfaces.
- The construction and material of the shoe make them a good option for those who enjoy indoor and outdoor bouldering.
- The knit upper is very durable for long-lasting use on tough terrain.
- The material is breathable for use in hot and humid conditions.
- The price is a good deal and value for the quality you are getting in the shoe.
- Provides plenty of grip and security for use on small footholds.
- Works extremely well for edging
- The midsole adds stability and security, increasing the performance of this shoe on overhanging walls.
- Features two tightening loops to easily adjust the size of the shoe.
- The downturned and asymmetric shape of the shoe works well for vertical routes.
- The material is breathable to keep your feet cool in warm conditions.
- Precise hooking for performance-oriented use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The shape might be too aggressive for beginners to use for their first climbing shoes.
- It takes some trial and error to find the right size and fit of the shoe, which can reduce user-friendliness.
- The fit can be hard to find, reducing the user-friendliness of the buying process.
- Takes some time to break-in, reducing the immediate comfort during your first climbs.
- The fit runs small, making it hard to select a size online without trying it on beforehand.
The Black Diamond Zone LV Climbing Shoe is a versatile, durable, and aggressive shoe that works well for expert use on outdoor and indoor climbing routes. Although the shoe may take a little bit of trial and error to find the right size, once you find a comfortable fit, you are good to go on overhanging routes, bouldering problems, and small cracks.