We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Alassian Featherless Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 44
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight, but remains warm.
- Good fit for layering easily.
- The outer fabric is durable and tough against abrasions.
- Prevents wind from entering to keep your body warm.
- The tall collar protects against weather and keeps your neck warm.
- Provides ample insulation for keeping warm at low temperatures.
- Utilizes 50D fabric for durability and withstanding rough use.
- The design and the material prevents water absorption.
- Dries quickly and faster than a down-filled jacket.
- The draw-cord toggles are inside the pockets, which let you adjust the fit without losing heat.
- The pockets are warm and contain zippers for sealing in the heat and preventing any loss of items.
- Compressible for easy packing and transporting.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Only has two outer zipper pockets for storage, and some users may prefer inside pockets for secure storage.
- The elastic cuffs could be a bit tighter to seal in heat.
- The cuffs have elastic for cinching down, but no adjustable tabs or Velcro.
The Marmot Alassian Featherless Jacket for men is a warm, adjustable, and durable option that is well-suited for various weather and layering to adjust to the specific conditions. Despite lacking pockets and Velcro closures for tightening, the warmth, layering ability, and tough outer fabric makes this a suitable choice for tough terrain and inclement weather.