We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Stretch Rainshadow Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 39
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stretchy fabric provides ample mobility.
- Provides an extra layer of weather protection and warmth.
- Versatile due to being able to fit into any size backpack easily.
- Lightweight and comfortable for long-term use.
- Combines flexibility and durability into one lighter-weight layering option.
- Very packable due to being lightweight and flexible.
- Waterproof and breathable layer for protection and ventilation.
- Utilizes watertight and waterproof zippers for extra protection.
- Pit zips provide extra ventilation to prevent overheating.
- Very lightweight for easy transporting.
- The outer material is durable at 30-D rip-stop nylon.
- Features two pockets for storage and hand-warmer capabilities for extra warmth.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the fit being too tight and too short.
- Some reports of the jacket not being fully waterproof during intense rain.
The Patagonia Stretch Rainshadow Jacket for women is a lightweight, breathable, and packable layering option that is highly-transportable due to being compressible and lightweight. Despite some user issues with the tight fit and questionable waterproofing abilities, this jacket could be a good choice for those who want to bring a back-up layer on a hiking trip that won’t take up lots of space or weight in your pack.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.