We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon X Ultra 3 Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 88 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 416
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The style, padding, and sole all create a functional and comfortable hiking shoe.
- Comfortable enough to wear on any terrain.
- Lightweight and comfortable for long-term use and longer walks.
- The lacing system is functional and adjustable for easy use.
- Can quickly cinch your shoes during the downhills to stop your toes from hitting against the front.
- Provides great traction for various terrain.
- Feels comfortable and stable on various terrain.
- Able to handle a heavy pack due to the support and stability.
- Combines lightweight material and durability for an efficient and long-term shoe.
- Features comfortable padding in the collar and tongue area.
- Features great grip on various terrain and during downhill walking.
- Versatile to use in many conditions and climates.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users might not like the extra room in the heel area depending on how you want your shoes to fit.
- Some users might wish there were laces for extra adjustability.
- The quicklace system might not be everyone’s first choice.
- The ankle protection isn’t the best on the market.
The Salomon X Ultra 3 Hiking Shoe for men is a comfortable, functional, and stable shoe that can be used on a variety of terrain due to the ample grip. Despite some users not liking the heel fit and lacking some ankle protection, this hiking shoe provides versatility for differing terrain and conditions. This hiking shoe is comfortable to wear on any hike, for any length of time.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.