We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Danner Mountain Light 2 Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1205
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very durable for multiple years of use.
- Extremely comfortable for all-day use on the trails.
- The inserts are comfortable for your ankle and heel, preventing any hot spots or blisters.
- Provides ample comfort and grip on a variety of terrain and trails.
- Contains enough ankle support to prevent rolling and protect against rough terrain.
- Provides traction on slippery terrain and wet surfaces.
- The design is stylish, aesthetic, and classic for style on and off the trails.
- The soles are re-soleable for long-lasting durability.
- Lightweight for a stable and supportive hiking boot.
- Comes in a variety of colors and sizes for complete personalization.
- The breathability is good for a heavy-duty and one-piece boot.
- Stylish to wear on the trails or around the town.
- Works well for narrow foot shapes to provide a snug and secure fit.
- The molded PU instep provides ample support for a variety of foot shapes.
- The outer leather is high-quality and long-lasting over multiple seasons.
- The stitch down construction enhances stability and security on uneven terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- At the high end of the spectrum when compared to other similar choices on the market.
- Some reports of the tongue being painful and digging into your skin while walking.
- You can re-sole these boots to ensure they last multiple hiking seasons.
- Take some time to break-in, meaning the boots are not comfortable right out of the box as other options.
- The heel counters are not padded, so it might not be comfortable for some foot types.
- The break-in period is longer than other options on the market.
- This boot is not as long-lasting or durable as other high-tech, mountaineering models.
- The boots are heavier when compared to other heavy-duty hiking boots.
- Not waterproof enough to keep out prolonged precipitation.
The Danner Mountain Light 2 Hiking Boot for men is a durable, sturdy, and heavy-duty option that is stylish for use on and off the trail. Despite some issues with being heavier and pricier than other similar boots, this versatile choice works well for walking around town, hiking on uneven and slippery terrain, and keeping your feet comfortable and supported during all-day use.