We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Western Mountaineering Flash XR Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 16
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very light but remains warm.
- The outer fabric is weather resistant for ample protection.
- Two shell fabric options for versatility.
- Features down-filled pockets for both storage and warmth.
- Provides good water and wind resistance for protection against the elements.
- The stitched-through baffle design prevents any cold spots and evenly distributes warmth.
- Features a highly water-resistant shell for weather protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the sizing on the jacket not fitting correctly.
- Reports of the jacket fitting way too wide and limiting the functionality and layering ability.
- No drawstring to cinch the waist for added adjustability.
- No stuff sack inside of the jacket or in the external pocket for convenience.
- Reports of the fabric not being the most durable and tearing on debris.
- The fit is very poor, and is too baggy in numerous places, limiting the mobility and functionality.
- No real way to stuff down the jacket and compress it for smaller packing.
- No cinch ability for the waist or hood, which limits the adjustability.
- Contains very few features for a performance outer layer.
- Expensive for not the highest-quality jacket.
The Western Mountaineering Flash XR Down Jacket for men is a jacket that was designed to be warm and comfortable, but unfortunately has many design flaws that limit the functionality. The fit and the sizing is way off for many users, with numerous reports of fitting poorly and limited convenience. In addition, there are relatively no performance features, it lacks adjustability in places for customization of fit, and is expensive. This jacket might not be the best for anyone who wants to look good, layer their clothes, or spend ample time outside.