We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Western Mountaineering Kodiak MF Sleeping Bag: 0 Degree Down and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 25
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight but provides extreme warmth in cold temperatures.
- Works well in extremely low temperatures down to at least -33 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The high-quality material and construction is top-of-the-line.
- Simple and lightweight for an easy to use and efficient bag.
- Provides ample loft with over 7″ of loft for comfort while sleeping.
- Able to zip up to the top and secure the hood around your head for added protection and warmth.
- The baffles let you move the down into the cold-prone areas.
- Sheds precipitation and is windproof for added protection in the elements.
- Provides ample water resistance for protection against the elements.
- Breathable and lightweight for a comfortable and ventilated bag.
- Contains an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio for optimal functionality.
- Designed for four-seasons for year-round use.
- The 850-fill down keeps you warm and comfortable all night long.
- Lightweight for so much warmth, at just below 3 pounds.
- The seam tape on the side prevents the drag tube from sagging, enhancing the functionality.
- The cinch cords of the hood area able to keep it in place and keep you warm.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A bit tedious to fit into the compression sack, which limits the functionality.
- Expensive option when compared to other choices on the market.
- More expensive than other options on the market.
- Might need a smaller and closer-fitting bag if you are a demanding alpinist.
- The uninsulated space won’t feel as warm as a snug-fitting bag.
- Doesn’t have a hydrophobic treatment like other bags do, limiting the water-resistance.
The Western Mountaineering Kodiak MF Sleeping Bag: 0 Degree Down is a very warm, compressible, and comfortable bag that is perfect for 4-season use in extreme temperatures. Numerous users have said this bag has kept them warm all-night-long in sub-zero temperatures, and provides them with ample comfort. Despite being expensive and not being as snug-fitting as other options, this bag provides an exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio.