We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KEEN Durand Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 321
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for all-day walking on various terrain.
- Contains minimal break-in time for almost immediate comfort out of the box.
- The lugs are great for grip and providing extra stability on slippery surfaces.
- Protects your ankles and feet against tough terrain.
- Provides stability and security on rocky and unstable footing.
- Combines support and a lighter construction for stability and all-day comfort.
- Provides plenty of support underfoot for all-day hikes.
- Durable for use over multiple hiking seasons.
- The outer rubber resists any breakdown and withstands tough terrain.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry during inclement weather.
- A good price and deal for the high-quality boots you get.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Many reports of having quality control issues, with some buyers having to return their first or second pair of Keen boots.
- Not the most breathable option for warm days or humid hikes.
- These boots may be too big and bulky for some fastpack hikers.
- The seam above the toes can break down faster than the rest of the boot, leading to a quicker time between replacements.
- Not the best choice for extended backcountry trips or for carrying heavy packs due to the construction and materials used.
- The wider foot box is not the best for agile hiking and small outcrops.
- Might be too warm for those who frequently hike in hotter climates.
- Some issues with the waterproofing not fully keeping your feet dry during prolonged precipitation.
The KEEN Durand Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot for men is a lightweight, comfortable, and stable option that works well for weekend trips, all-day hikes, and keeping your feet supported on a variety of terrain. Despite not containing enough support for heavy packs and being too bulky for fast hikers, this hiking boot is a good in-between option that provides a good bang for your buck.