We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Kokatat OutFIT Tour Personal Flotation Device and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 47
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fits well and is easily adjustable for personalization of fit.
- Reliable and durable to hold up to rough terrain.
- The fit provides a full range of motion for use during activities.
- Fits over a dry suit easily, allowing for easy layering and comfortable wearing.
- The pockets are great and work well for keeping your items securely.
- Able to easily adjust while wearing for ease-of-use.
- Comfortable for a variety of activities, allowing for ample versatility.
- Combines quality, durability, and features into one, complete package.
- Provides great buoyancy to keep you afloat in all conditions.
- Features 500D outer and 200D nylon interior material for ample durability.
- Adjustable shoulders with grip panels so that your vest stays in place while paddling.
- Features a secure and hidden pocket behind the main zipper for secure storage of small items.
- Features one electronic and duplex pocket for easy storage.
- Contains a front lash tab for using accessories or rescue knives.
- Has SOLAS reflective tape on the front and back to increase visibility and safety.
- Features a mesh back to improve ventilation and breathability.
- Features 5 adjustment points for securing the proper fit.
- Features deep cut arm and neck holes for a full freedom of movement while paddling.
- Great for touring and made of tough denier Cordura nylon for resistance against abrasions and tough conditions.
- The shoulders are re-designed to make sure they do not interfere with your range of motion.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the sizing fitting a little bit small, so you might have to try on before purchasing.
- Uses only 3 large foam panels, causing a lack of flexibility and padding.
- The fourth buckle at the top of the zipper can add some time when getting the PFD on and off.
The Kokatat OutFIT Tour Personal Flotation Device is a comfortable and adjustable option that works well for all body shapes. Despite some reports of sizing issues and being tedious to get on and off, the high-quality construction, very durable material, and highly-adjustable fit can make this a good choice for users who need a full range of motion for paddling and frequently travel through tough waters.