We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1685
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very little break-in period for ample comfort.
- Super warm and waterproof for use during inclement weather.
- Provide ample traction on various terrain and slick surfaces.
- Many reports of this boot requiring little-to-no break-in time and providing comfort right out of the box.
- Comfortable for use on all-day routes.
- Very durable over long distances on tough terrain.
- Feature more room in the toe box so your feet won’t get cramped or hurt if your feet swell while walking.
- Protects your ankles and supports your feet in rocky terrain.
- The soles are sticky and enhance the safety while walking on uneven and rocky terrain.
- Comfortable and breathable for long days on the trail.
- Works well for both beginners and advanced hikers.
- Requires very minimal break-in time for straight-away comfort.
- Supports ankles and provides all-day comfort for your feet.
- Lightweight and flexible for all-day use on the trails.
- Very good price for the high-quality boot you receive.
- Offer easy-to-use lacing system for quick tightening and adjusting.
- The protective rubber cap ensures your feet won’t get banged up by rocks and debris on the trails.
- The heel is extremely sturdy and durable to protect your foot against debris and provide long-term use.
- Fairly breathable during warm/hot temperatures for enhanced ventilation.
- Features a performance suede leather upper for a soft and consistent feel.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users do not like the lack of flex in the sole.
- Some users say the boot puts a lot of pressure in the heel area due to the lack of flex, reducing comfort.
- There are reports of the sizing running a little big, so you may have to try on before purchasing.
- Might lack support underfoot for some users who require added stability.
- The lacing system is not the most durable and can break after prolonged use.
- Although reported as waterproof, there are some instances where water can seep through the boots after prolonged use.
The Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot for women is a supportive, durable, and comfortable boot that can withstand various terrain with ease. Despite some waterproofing questions, this is a versatile boot that can work well for beginners, advanced hikers, and any outdoors-woman who needs a protective, high-grip, and easy-to-break-in option.