We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear Dynotherm Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 77
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and comfortable for all-day use.
- Keeps you warm and dry during cold weather.
- Great high-quality construction and materials for long-term use.
- Stylish to wear on the mountain or around the town.
- The integrated hood provides ample protection and versatility.
- Able to easily layer underneath or over the top of other jackets.
- The fibers are infused with DWR-treated material, making it protect against light precipitation.
- The outer material is composed of 30D ripstop nylon for extra durability.
- The interior contains 650-fill power down for semi-cold weather in the shoulder seasons.
- Features a chest pocket for secure and easy convenience.
- Contains two hand-warmer pockets for warmth and easy storage.
- The elastic cuffs and dual hem drawcords provide ample adjustability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the sizing being off, making it difficult to buy online.
- Not the best choice for use as a stand-alone layer in very cold temperatures.
- The fit is wide in the arms and the body, which may not fit slimmer users well.
- The 650-fill down might not be enough as a stand-alone layer in cold winter temperatures.
- The double stitching looks good, but leaves some gaps for wind in the down.
The Mountain Hardwear Dynotherm Down Jacket for men is an adjustable, moderately lightweight, and comfortable option that works well for layering during cold temperatures or wearing as a stand-alone layer during the shoulder seasons. Despite some issues with the fit, if you can find the size that works for you, then this could be a good choice for outdoor enthusiasts who want a versatile layer.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.