We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Petzl Mambo Standard Climbing Rope – 10.1mm and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.9 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 6
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The sheath is very thick for durability.
- Easy to handle for beginners and elite climbers alike.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- The price is affordable for the high-quality product you receive.
- Easy to break-in after only a few uses.
- Works well for alpine, trad, and sport climbing for a versatile rope.
- The thicker diameter helps with friction while feeding the rope through a belay device for enhanced control.
- The rope is durable and sturdy for multi-season use on tough terrain.
- The dynamic elongation value is low, meaning it will be easier for the belayer to see how much the climber will fall, enhancing the safety of this rope.
- The handling is easy to control in many different types of climbing situations.
- Lasts multiple climbing seasons due to the high durability.
- The sheath is reinforced at the ends for enhanced durability and stability.
- Provides a reliable grip for beginner climbers.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- At the higher-end of the weight range, so might not be the best option for long climbs.
- Does not contain dry treatment for use during wet conditions.
The Petzl Mambo Standard Climbing Rope – 10.1mm is a durable, sturdy, and versatile option that provides a secure feel in various climbing conditions. For beginners or advanced climbers, this rope will provide long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.