We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima Evenkeel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 187
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Slides easily and effortlessly across the saddles to make it easy for unloading and loading.
- The straps are plenty long to provide additional length for adjusting and strapping down multiple kayaks.
- The attachment mechanism is easy to use, strong, and secure for use during high speeds.
- Does not move during use for added safety and security.
- Easy to install for user-friendliness.
- Compatible with wide crossbars for extra functionality.
- Lightweight for easy installing and transporting.
- Compatible for securing different items, such as kayaks and paddleboards, for increased versatility.
- Prevents forward and backward movement for added stability.
- The rubber grip material securely holds the kayaks in place during use.
- Easy adjustments of fit by turning the integrated knob for added user-friendliness.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the tension clips not being the most durable for long-lasting use.
- Might not be the most secure option on the market due to the flimsy anti-theft design.
The Yakima Evenkeel is a durable, functional, and highly compatible option that works well for carrying various types of outdoor gear. With adjustable straps, user-friendliness, and an easy set up, this rack is a good option for transporting kayaks and paddleboards.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.