We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Bell Sixer MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 148
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Adjusts easily to get the perfect fit for your head.
- The mount provides an easy and quick release for additional functionality.
- Provides ample comfort for all-day use.
- Keeps sweat out of your eyes for added comfort and functionality.
- The extra vents help with the additional breathability and temperature regulation.
- The multi-density helmet and layers of EPS foam protects higher against rotational head impacts.
- Features a camera mount for additional technological compatibility.
- Vents are placed under the visor to prevent any fogging and keep a clear view.
- Features brow vents that help with additional forehead ventilation and temperature regulation.
- The MIPS system adds extra protection without being bulky or too heavy.
- The visor is easily adjustable to get the perfect fit for your rides.
- Provides full head coverage for ample safety.
- The exterior shell is tough and protects against impacts.
- Comfortable to wear during all-day rides due to the construction and lighter weight.
- Keeps sweat out of your face and eyes for comfortable use.
- Available in multiple colors for personalization of style.
- Features a MIPS liner for rotational head impact protection.
- The retention system works well for a variety of head shapes for compatibility and versatility.
- The harness is secure and provides protection and a sturdy fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The screw that keeps the visor working functionally can fall out after prolonged use.
- You might need an adaptor for your camera mount if it is not a Nightrider version.
- Despite having additional vents, the ventilation isn’t the best compared to other options.
- Not the best combination of lightweight and airiness when compared to other options on the market.
- The glasses storage is not fully compatible with every single option.
- The exterior makes this helmet heavier than other similar options on the market due to the beefy material.
The Bell Sixer MIPS Helmet is a protective, adjustable, and comfortable option that can work well for many different levels of mountain bikers. Even though this helmet is a bit heavier and not as ventilated as some other options on the market, if you are looking for a helmet that will protect you with a MIPS liner in any crash, can be easily adjusted on the fly, and features a camera mount for tech compatibility, this could be a good choice for you.