We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Five Ten Kestrel Lace-Up Cycling Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 43
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable and offers ample support for all-day use.
- The Velcro strap at the top can adjust the fit to hold your unique foot shape.
- The grip is great for various terrain and sticking on surfaces.
- Provides support in the base during descents for ample security and protection.
- Durable to withstand abrasions and protect against debris.
- Easy and comfortable to walk in for all-day use.
- Looks like a normal shoe for use on or off the bike.
- Features a cushioned midsole for extra comfort.
- Versatile to work with all different kinds of trail riding.
- Compatible with SPD for added functionality.
- Easy to both hike and walk in for versatility and comfort.
- Provides ample protection from abrasions and debris.
- Sleek and stylish to wear around town.
- The Boa dial lets you easily adjust the tension and fit of the shoe.
- Works well as a 3-season shoe due to the material and the construction.
- Features a non-slip heel cup that reduces the torsional flex and increases the comfort and security of the fit.
- Contains plenty of stiffness for performance-oriented activities, while still keeping a roomy fit for comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the most breathable compared to other options.
- The laces can get stuck on the Velcro and start to fray over time.
- The shoe is a bit narrow, so you may have to size-up when purchasing.
- The tongue might put a pressure point on the top of your foot.
- The fastenings are not the most comfortable compared to other options.
- The shoe is very flat and doesn’t offer much arch support, which may not work for some foot types.
- The shoelaces can get caught or get frayed on the Velcro strap.
The Five Ten Kestrel Lace-Up Cycling Shoe for women is a versatile, durable, and protective shoe that works well both on and off the bike, providing comfort for walking, and performance for cycling. Once you find the correct fit for your unique foot shape, this cycling shoe can provide a good blend of performance-oriented aspects and style, comfort, and functionality.