We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Kilowatt Thermoball Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 123
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you warm as a stand-alone layer during the shoulder seasons.
- Comfortable and warm for all-day use.
- Stylish enough to use around the town or on the trails.
- Breathable for use during demanding activities.
- Dries quickly after getting wet for efficiency during long days on the trail or during backpacking trips.
- The differing material makes this jacket stylish and able to wear in various weather conditions.
- Comprised of Primaloft Thermoball insulation for lightweight warmth.
- Features two zippered hand pockets for easy storage or warmth.
- The fully-adjustable hood works to keep your face warm and protect you from the cold and wind.
- The jacket can be easily stowed inside the left-hand pocket for travel convenience.
- Maintains loft in high humidity and rainy conditions for added warmth.
- Features elastic cuffs to seal in the heat around your arms and prevent the sleeves from riding up.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sleeves might be too long for some body types.
- The fleece sleeves can keep your arms warm, but make it difficult to slide other layers in and out easily.
- Does not provide as much warmth as a traditional jacket, since it provides the equivalent of 600 fill down.
- Does not pack down as easily as some other down-filled options.
The North Face Kilowatt Thermoball Insulated Jacket for men is a warm, lightweight, and comfortable option that works for wearing around town or as a stand-alone layer during the shoulder seasons. Despite being a bit tough to layer due to the fleece sleeves, this jacket provides a versatile option for active use, casual use, and shoulder-season wear.