We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Vasque St. Elias GTX Backpacking Boot – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 123
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stylish and sleek for an aesthetic look on and off the trail.
- Works well for grip and stability on tough and uneven terrain.
- Features a very minimal break-in time for comfort right out of the box.
- The footbed is comfortable to keep your feet feeling fine during all-day hikes.
- Weatherproof to keep your feet dry in tough conditions.
- Provides firm support to prevent any ankle rolling or aching arches.
- Lightweight and flexible for a heavy-duty hiking boot.
- Easy to adjust the laces for a snug and secure fit.
- The upper is plenty durable for withstanding tough terrain.
- The all-leather upper easily conforms and molds to your foot shape for a snug fit.
- Provides a balance of support for carrying heavy packs and ample cushioning for softening impacts.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry in prolonged precipitation.
- Provides ample stability for uneven and wobbly terrain, especially for those with weaker ankles.
- The EVA midsole provides ample comfort and stiffness for a balance between comfort and performance.
- The hook eyelets on the upper let you customize the lacing system.
- Comes in a variety of widths for personalization of size.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The toe box might be too narrow for some foot shapes and comfortable descents.
- The ankle collar might be too stiff for some users, causing rubbing and soreness after long hikes.
- Might be too warm to wear during high-temperature days.
- Although light for a heavy-duty boot, this hiking boot is not lightweight by any means and can be heavy to bring in a backpack.
- Depending on the terrain you most frequently walk on, the Vibram soles might wear down quicker than the rest of the boot.
- Not the most breathable when compared to other options on the market.
The Vasque St. Elias GTX Backpacking Boot for women is a heavy-duty, durable, and supportive boot that provides stability in uneven and tough terrain. Despite not being lightweight, these boots are fairly light for how much weatherproofing, adjustability, and protection they provide the wearer in a wide variety of weather and terrain conditions.