We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima BaseLine Adjustable Clamp Tower System and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 212
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very durable to last many years.
- Able to easily attach a bike rack attachment or kayak bars for ample functionality.
- Features pitch and toe adjustment settings to securely fit on many different types of cars.
- Stays still on your car when driving on rough terrain.
- Compatible with a wide variety of crossbars, like JetStream and RoundBar.
- Compact for a sleek and stylish look.
- Does not make any excess noise during use for a comfortable and quiet trip.
- Quickly lock the carrier to your car for a secure fit.
- Easily adjustable to fit a wide variety of roof shapes for ample compatibility.
- Despite being a tedious installation process, it is relatively simple and easy to follow.
- Securely holds and fits on your car to prevent any movement during use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The process to remove the towers from your car is tedious and can be time-consuming.
- Expensive when compared to other similar options on the market.
- Some users report the measurements listed for a specific vehicle is not accurate, requiring adjustments during the installation process.
- The bars are a bit wider than other similar options, so they can stick out during use.
- The SRS lock does not come with the set, so you will have to pay extra money to buy this part separately.
The Yakima BaseLine Adjustable Clamp Tower System is a secure, strong, and compatible option that works well for use on a variety of cars. Despite the installation process taking quite a long time, this tower system will securely stay on your car in a wide range of conditions and road surfaces.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.