We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Gamma MX Hooded Softshell Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 44
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The torso length fully covers without being too long.
- Versatile for use in a variety of weather conditions.
- The hood fully covers your face to keep you dry and is helmet-compatible for skiing and snowboarding.
- Very durable for use in tough conditions and rough terrain.
- Stretches and provides mobility during outdoor activities.
- Provides plenty of weather protection to keep you warm and dry in inclement conditions.
- Features a helmet-compatible hood for ample functionality.
- Contains five exterior pockets for ample storage options.
- The fit is flattering, stylish, and sleek for an aesthetic look.
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- Fairly breathable for use during moderate exercise.
- Contains decent mobility for use during outdoor activities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive when compared to other similar choices on the market.
- It will not provide enough warmth as a stand-alone layer in winter conditions.
- The cuffs are non-adjustable, so you can’t cinch them down to seal in the warmth.
- The jacket is not very breathable since it is heavy-duty.
The Arc’teryx Gamma MX Hooded Softshell Jacket for women is a protective, warm, and heavy-duty option that will keep you dry and cozy in tough winter conditions. Although this jacket would not be the best for very intense activities since it lacks some breathability, if you are looking for a weather-protective softshell that is both versatile and stylish, this could be a good option.