We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Carhartt Gilliam Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 469
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you very warm in cold conditions.
- Protects against the wind to keep you warm in tough weather.
- The cuffs are adjustable to help seal in the warmth during cold days.
- The outer material is water-resistant to protect against light precipitation.
- The outer material is tough for use in inclement weather and rough terrain.
- The chest pocket is easily accessible and plenty big for a variety of gear items.
- Provides style for outdoor use and for walking around town.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort.
- Works well as a layering option in the winter months or as a stand-alone piece in the shoulder seasons.
- Provides ample mobility and movement for use during outdoor activities.
- Lightweight, making it easy to pack and transport on all-day hikes.
- Features a zip internal chest pocket and one velcro internal chest pocket for plenty of secure storage.
- The neck is a high collar style, which provides extra warmth and style.
- Abrasion and tear-resistant for extra durability in tough terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the jacket being thinner in-person than users originally thought when purchasing.
- Does not feature a drop tail, which some users may prefer on their jackets.
- Not warm enough to keep you comfortable on sub-freezing winter days as a stand-alone piece.
The Carhartt Gilliam Insulated Jacket for men is a stylish, functional, and long-lasting option that works well as a stand-alone layer in the shoulder seasons and as a layering option in the cold, winter months. If you are looking for a versatile choice that can be worn around the town or out on the trails, this insulated jacket provides mobility, comfort, and light weather protection.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.