We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Evolv Shakra Climbing Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 37
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for a high-performance shoe for all-day use.
- Provides ample support to keep your foot steady in tough climbing conditions.
- The rubber makes heel hooking and toe hooking secure and sturdy.
- Comes in a variety of colors for complete personalization.
- The construction of the shoe prevents any dead space and ensures maximum comfort.
- Comfortable for multiple hours of climbing.
- Optimized for women who have lower volume feet for all-day comfort.
- The ample rubber on the toe and the heel work well for bouldering problems.
- The mid-range stiffness works well for vertical climbs.
- Sensitive to feel the wall and the rocks for an intuitive climb.
- Features a roomy toe box for both comfort and power.
- The heel cup provides a snug and secure fit during intense runs.
- The asymmetry makes this shoe great for advanced bouldering sections.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sole can wear down quickly, showing a lack of durability.
- The “love bump” in the middle of the shoe works well to get rid of dead space, but can take a little while to get used to.
- Many issues with finding the correct size for your foot, so you may need to try-on in person.
- Does not feature enough stiffness for proficiency during edging.
- Not the best choice for crack climbing due to construction and materials.
- The bigger and clunky toe box lacks precision for small holds.
The Evolv Shakra Climbing Shoe for women is a versatile, comfortable, and supportive shoe that is specifically designed for women with low volume feet. Despite some issues with sizing and lack of proficiency in edging or crack climbing, this climbing shoe provides enough versatility for bouldering, various outdoor routes, and vertical climbs.