We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Windrider 40L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 124
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Weighs less than 2 pounds for easy and lightweight transportation.
- Contains outer pockets for quick and efficient storage of small items.
- Features an effective and functional strength-to-weight ratio in terms of how much gear the backpack can comfortably store.
- Comfortable for all-day carrying.
- Contains a Y-shaped strap at the top to easily attach gear like snowshoes or adventure items.
- Features a removable frame for added versatility depending on the amount of gear you need to bring with you on a trip
- Very durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Highly water-resistant to protect your gear.
- Very waterproof to protect your gear from inclement weather.
- Durable to withstand tough conditions and terrain.
- Features plenty of external storage options for added functionality.
- The outer and external pockets are stretchy to adjust to various sizes of gear.
- The size is effective and designed for thru-hiking, for those who enjoy taking longer backpacking trips.
- The material is durable for carrying sharp objects and using on rough terrain.
- Effective for use as an ultralight and minimalist pack due to the sleek design and aesthetic look.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not contain any lash loops for external gear storage.
- The hip belt is not removable for comfort when carrying lighter loads.
- The side compression straps are tedious and can lack functionality when securing small gear items.
- Expensive when compared to other options on the market.
- Some users may not like the size of the hip belt pockets, since they can’t carry larger gear items.
- Does not contain ample ventilation for use during hot weather and humid temperatures.
- Not the most comfortable option for carrying heavier loads long distances.
The Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Windrider 40L Backpack is a durable, functional, and lightweight option that works well for thru-hiking. Despite not being the best option for carrying heavy gear, this backpack contains plenty of external storage, adjustability, and comfort for all-day use while carrying light-to-moderate loads.