We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lake CX402 Wide Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 26
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Features heat-moldable kangaroo leather to get a snug and secure fit.
- The insole features plenty of padding for added support and comfort.
- The BOA tightener is easy to use and quickly adjustable for added efficiency.
- Uses high-quality materials and construction for a long-lasting shoe.
- Provides a custom fit to meet every individual’s needs.
- Highly adjustable for a snug and secure feel.
- The construction and materials are high-quality and durable.
- The heat-moldable carbon sole helps with power transfer and added performance of the shoe.
- The upper kangaroo leather is very comfortable for long-duration rides.
- The outer-sole is very stiff for ample performance benefits on the bike.
- Contains mesh sections to aid in extra ventilation and breathability during warm days.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The shoes can rub on the cranks due to the extra width, which reduces the functionality.
- At the high end of the price spectrum when compared to other options on the market.
- Expensive when compared to other road cycling shoes.
- The leather can fold during use, causing discomfort and an unpleasing and unstylish look.
- The contoured bottoms can take a little bit of getting used to for cyclists who have never owned highly-shaped cycling shoes.
- The two BOA dials do not let you micro-adjust backward, meaning you have to fully undo the tightness while on the bike.
- The BOA dials can be uncomfortable if you overtighten them during adjusting.
The Lake CX402 Wide Cycling Shoe for men is a customizable, adjustable, and comfortable option that is specifically designed for fitting those with wider feet and toe boxes. Despite being at the high end of the price spectrum, this cycling shoe balances comfort with a performance-oriented construction that provides ample durability for long-term use.