We’ve read the reviews across the web for the POC Octal X Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 68
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight for all-day comfort.
- Feature hard protection around the back of the head for a secure, safe, and snug fit.
- Ventilated to prevent overheating during warm days.
- Works well for both mountain biking and road cycling, adding to this helmet’s versatility.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- Durable to withstand rough use against hard and tough terrain.
- The retention system sits right against your head, providing ample protection and adjustability.
- Contains added protection due to the extended helmet shell, adequately keeping your head and skull safe while mountain biking.
- Features a place to store your sunglasses, adding to the compatibility and functionality of this helmet.
- Features plenty of vents to keep you cool during warm days.
- Completely protects in the event of a crash for full protection and peace of mind.
- The paint and stylish is aesthetic for on and off of the bike.
- The bridge construction helps to spread any impact forces across the helmet to prevent pressure points or hard impacts against one part of your skull.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The chin strap might not be big enough for some users who have a wider or bigger face.
- The sizing reference and chart may be off, so you should try-on this helmet before purchasing online or in-person.
- Does not contain a visor, which some users may like to keep the sun out of their eyes.
The POC Octal X Helmet is a protective, adjustable, and ventilated option that works well in keeping your head safe in the event of a crash and keeping you cool during warm days on the bike. Even though you may need to try-on in-person before purchasing, this slight annoyance is outshined by the style, adjustability, and safety this helmet provides.