We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Peak Design Everyday 20L Camera Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 816
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to store a lot of gear in the internal space.
- Features a chest strap and waist strap to securely hold the backpack.
- Very customizable to adjust the fit to your body shape.
- Contains side pockets to quickly and efficiently store water bottles.
- You can easily access the internal portion of the backpack on the left or right side, adding to the compatibility.
- The bag is stylish and sleek for use while traveling or for taking to work.
- Versatile to use for carrying camera gear and other electronics.
- The bag retains its shape for easy picking up after being set down on the ground.
- The intuitive design means you can quickly and easily access the interior of the bag while on-the-go.
- The design is stylish for use around town or during work trips.
- Works well for half-day and shorter trips for carrying delicate gear.
- Lets you easily clip a wide range of products to the shoulder straps for quick access.
- The expandable system lets you easily expand your bag to accommodate various amounts of gear.
- Features 2 external side pockets to carry your gear and easily reach items while traveling.
- Contains many small pockets and compartments to easily store tiny items of gear and valuables.
- The outer material uses DWR to protect against light precipitation.
- Versatile enough to carry every-day items and camera-specific gear.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The straps might be too thin to carry a heavier weight for a long period of time.
- No rain cover for extra protection during inclement weather.
- The side pockets are slightly small, so they might not be big enough to hold bigger water bottles or tripods.
- The dividers are not very heavy duty, and might not easily separate bigger pieces of gear.
- The dividers are not very durable or sturdy to separate gear effectively.
- The sternum straps are tedious and difficult to undo, making it harder to quickly take the bag on and off.
- The zipper does not go all the way down the side of the laptop compartment to prevent the zipper from scratching your skin while taking gear out of the bag.
- The sternum strap is difficult to adjust to create the perfect fit.
- The laptop pocket is hard to access when the bag is fully packed with a camera or electronic gear.
- Not waterproof to protect your gear during prolonged precipitation.
- At the higher end of the price spectrum when compared to other similar backpacks.
The Peak Design Everyday 20L Camera Backpack is a versatile, functional, and organized pack that works well for carrying camera gear, small valuables, and multiple gear items. Stylish enough to use around town, going to the office, or for photography shoots, this pack protects and separates all of your camera-specific gear with ease.