We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Rab Valiance Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 331
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works very well as a mid-layer or outer layer in dry conditions, showing the versatility of this jacket.
- Waterproof to keep you dry and protected during prolonged precipitation.
- The hood is helmet-compatible for added functionality.
- The material is durable and does not show any signs of leaks or rips after prolonged use.
- The pockets are hand-warming for plenty of comfort during blustery and cold conditions.
- Very warm so you can wear as a stand-alone jacket in winter conditions without having to layer.
- Features seams at the cuffs, hem, and hood to seal in the warmth during cold weather.
- The tapered hem keeps the back of the user warm and covered, while remaining stylish and shorter-cut in the front.
- Protects against very windy or snowy conditions to keep you warm and cozy.
- Very snug and secure to seal in the warmth during cold days.
- Features Velcro adjustable cuffs to keep the sleeves in place during movement.
- Comes with a stuff sack, making it easy to transport and pack down for ease-of-use.
- The pockets are big enough for ample storage of small gear items.
- The hood is helmet-compatible for added functionality and contains a wire-stiffened brim for added protection during heavy rain and wind.
- The outer shell provides full protection and durability with taped seams.
- Completely waterproof to keep you dry during wet conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Would not be the best choice for stand-alone use during high-intensity activities or exercise.
- Some reports of the fit not being flattering for some body types, so you may need to try-on before purchasing.
- The sleeves might not be long enough to cover for some body types.
The Rab Valiance Jacket for men is a very warm, functional, and durable option that works well in protecting from the elements and keeping the user warm in extremely frigid temperatures. Although this jacket would not be the best choice for intense outdoor exercise due to the warmth, it works well for keeping you comfortable during alpine excursions, holding small gear items, and using a helmet during activities like climbing or snowboarding.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.